- 2 lbs. Grade A Wild Rice
- 1 gal. water or vegetable stock
- 1 c. white miso paste
- 2 c. vegan mayonnaise
- ½ c. freshly grated ginger
- 4 large avocados
- 1 T. lime juice
- 32 nori sheets, toasted, cut in half
- 8 c. cucumber, seeded, thinly sliced in 2-inch lengths
- 8 c. daikon radish sprouts, roots removed
- 8 t. toasted sesame seeds
- Bring water or stock to a boil. Add InHarvest Grade A Wild Rice to the pot, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 45-55 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the miso, mayonnaise and ginger.
- Dress the cooled wild rice with the miso sauce.
- Seed and mash the avocado with the lime juice, leaving some small chunks of avocado.
- To assemble the rolls, place the nori half in the palm of your hand.
- Scoop 1/4 c. of rice mixture onto the short end of the nori near your wrist
- Top the rice with a few slices of cucumber. Top the cucumber with radish sprouts, making sure the leafy end will be sticking out of the roll.
- Place a dollop of avocado (about a tablespoon) on top of the sprouts and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Roll the temaki towards your fingers to create a cone. “Glue” the open edge with a little water to seal.
- Temaki is meant to be handed to your guest and eaten immediately. They cannot be made ahead.
Recipe Yield: 64 rolls
Per serving: 120 cal., 3 g pro., 14 g carb., 2 g fiber, 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 206 mg sod., 1 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >