- 2 lbs. Grade A Wild Rice
- 1 gal. chicken or vegetable stock, (3/4 for wild rice, ¼ for cheese sauce)
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 8 lbs. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. butter
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 c. flour
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- 2 qts. whole milk
- 4 lbs. pecorino fresco* (3/4 for cheese sauce, ¼ to top gratin)
- Bring stock to a boil. Add InHarvest Wild Rice, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender, about 50 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and reabsorb it. Remove the mushrooms from the pan.
- In the same pan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the flour to the pan and whisk to combine. Add mustard to the pan and cook, whisking, for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Slowly add the milk and remaining ¼ of the broth, while whisking to combine. Simmer, whisking slowly for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in 3/4 of the cheese until evenly melted.
- Combine cooked wild rice, mushrooms and cheese sauce and mix well. Pour into an oven-proof casserole.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake in a 350°F degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned.
Recipe Yield: 48 servings
Per serving: 325 cal., 17 g pro., 22 g carb., 2 g fiber, 19 g fat (11 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 457 mg sod., 4 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >