- 2 lbs. Wheat Berries
- 2 1/2 qts. black beans, low sodium canned, drained
- 5 c. red bell peppers, chopped
- 5 c. corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 3 1/2 T. ground cumin
- 3/4 c. lime juice
- 2 1/2 T. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 t. black pepper
- 2/3 c. vegetable oil
- Cook InHarvest Wheat Berries according to package instructions. (The wheat berries should be very tender, yet still retain their natural chewy texture.)
- Lay the wheat berries out on a sheet pan and chill.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries, black beans, bell peppers, corn and cilantro.
- To make the dressing, in a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper and oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop. Mix well before serving.
Recipe Yield: 35 (1 c.) servings
Per serving: 215 cal., 9 g pro., 36 g carb., 9 g fiber, 5 g fat, <1 g sat. fat, 0 g chol., 406 g sod.
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
A 1-cup serving provides 1 grain/bread serving, ¼ cup vegetable (1/8 cup red/orange, 1/8 cup starchy), 1 oz. meat/alt.