- 8 oz. Tri-Color Quinoa
- 6 c. masa harina
- 1½ t. salt
- 4½ c. hot water
- Peanut oil, for deep-frying
- Prepare InHarvest Tri-Color Quinoa according to package directions. Chill immediately.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the masa harina and salt; mix well.
- Mix in the chilled cooked quinoa, incorporating well.
- To make a dough, slowly pour the hot water into the masa/quinoa mixture while mixing well. (The dough should be firm, but not dry or sticky. Add additional hot water if needed.) Cover the dough and let rest for 1 hour.
- Form the dough into 2” balls (about 27).
- Place 1 dough ball between sheets of wax paper and press firmly to flatten to a uniform thinness. (Or, flatten the dough using a tortilla press.) Flatten the remaining dough balls.
- Cut each pressed tortilla into 12 triangles (akin to slicing a pizza).
- Deep-fry a batch of tortilla chips in 350°F peanut oil until golden brown. Remove from the fryer and place in a single layer on a sheet pan lined with paper towels. Repeat with the remaining tortilla chips in batches until all are deep-fried and removed to a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Dust the tortilla chips lightly with sea salt if desired. Serve warm.
Recipe Yield: 324 chips (18 chips per serving)
Per serving: 270 cal., 6 g pro., 37 g carb., 4 g fiber, 12 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 200 mg sod.
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >