- 1½ qts. boiling water
- 10½ lbs. vanilla yogurt, lowfat (or any lowfat berry-flavored yogurt)
- 7 qts. frozen mixed berries, unthawed
- Assemble the parfaits the day before to allow the berries to thaw.
- Into a bowl or hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®. Pour hot water over the grains. Stir to combine.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and let stand for 20 minutes to allow the grains to rehydrate.
- Drain excess water from the container. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix the cooled grains with yogurt.
- Layer into 16 oz. parfait cups as follows: ½ c. berries, 1 c. Sunrise Blend/yogurt mixture, ½ c. berries.
- Cover parfaits with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe Yield: 28 (14 oz.) parfaits
Per serving: 312 cal., 18 g pro., 60 g carb., 6 g fiber, 3.4 g fat, 1.4 g. sat. fat, 8.5 mg chol., 120 mg sod.
Note: The type of yogurt used might alter the nutrition analysis.
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
One serving provides 1 grain/bread equivalent, 1 cup fruit and 1.5 oz meat/alt.
Substitute fresh berries when in season.