- 1 1/2 qts. boiling water
- 10 1/2 lbs. low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 1/2 qts. applesauce
- 3 1/2 qts. apples, chopped
- 1 c. cranberries, dried (optional)
- Into a bowl or hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes®. Pour hot water over the grains. Stir to combine.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap and let stand for 20 minutes to allow the grains to rehydrate.
- Drain excess water from the container. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix the cooled grains with yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the applesauce with apples.
- Layer into 16-oz parfait cups as follows: 1 c. applesauce/apple mixture, 1 c. Sunrise Blend/yogurt mixture, a sprinkle (about 2 t.) of cranberries (if using).
- Cover parfaits with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe Yield: 28 (16 oz.) parfaits
Per serving: 417 cal., 18 g pro., 86 g carb., 7 g fiber, 4 g fat, 1.4 g. sat. fat, 8.5 mg chol., 120 mg sod.
Note: The type of yogurt used might alter the nutrition analysis.
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >
Cranberries are not counted in the fruit contribution, but add to the flavor and texture of the parfait.
One serving provides 1 grain/bread equivalent, 1 cup fruit and 1.5 oz meat/alt.
To prevent the cut apples from turning brown, sprinkle them with lemon juice and toss well.