Traditional falafel ingredients get the better-for-you treatment with the addition of Sunrise Blend.
Here goes Sunrise Blend again making something great even better!
- 1 1/3 quarts tahini
- 1 1/3 quarts water
- 1 1/3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups lemon juice
- 5 t garlic
- 8 t kosher salt
- 32 oz boiling water
- 5 1/4 quarts garbanzo beans, canned, drained
- 3 1/2 T cumin
- 2 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups plain yogurt (to finish dressing)
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil
- 24 quarts lettuce greens
- 6 quarts tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 quarts cucumbers, thinly sliced
Recipe of the MonthRuby Wild Blend Chipotle Chicken Bowl K-12 Get recipes in your inbox >
For the dressing:
- In a blender, puree the first 6 ingredients.
- Divide the mixture in ½ and set aside.
For the falafel:
- Place the InHarvest Sunrise Blend with Quinoa Flakes® into a bowl with the boiling water. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place cooled Sunrise Blend in a food processor with garbanzo beans, cumin, cilantro and half the reserved dressing mixture. Process until the mixture is blended and holds together.
To finish the dressing:
- Combine remaining ½ reserved dressing with yogurt and mix well.
- Form the falafel into 2 oz patties.
- Heat the remaining oil on a griddle.
- Fry the falafel until browned, flip and brown the other side.
- Place 2 cups salad greens in a bowl.
- Top with 2 falafels, ½ cup tomato, ½ cup cucumber and 2 tablespoons dressing.
Per serving: 354 cal., 15 g pro., 38 g carb., 8 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 4 mg chol., 349 mg sod., 6 g sugar
Serve with warm pita and extra tahini yogurt sauce to pass.