- 2 lbs. Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1 1/3 c. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh tarragon
- 3/4 c. fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 8 drained anchovy fillets
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 t. kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 1/2 qts. vegetable stock
- 4 qts. grape tomatoes
- 2/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 lbs. bacon, diced
- 2 lbs. cremini or mix of wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 dozen whole eggs
- 36 oz. baby kale or baby arugula
- To prepare the dressing, in a food processor purée the mayonnaise, buttermilk, parsley, tarragon, chive, lemon juice, anchovies, garlic, 1 t. salt and ½ t. pepper. Chill the dressing for service.
- In a pot over high heat, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Sprouted Sienna Red Rice. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Reserve at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix well the tomatoes, 1/3 c. olive oil, 1 t. salt and 1 t. pepper. Transfer the tomatoes to a hotel pan; roast at 225°F, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and reserve at room temperature.
- In a large sauté pan, render the bacon until crispy. Drain the fat and reserve bacon at room temperature.
- In a separate sauté pan with the remaining olive oil, sauté the mushrooms. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Reserve at room temperature.
- In a pot of boiling water, poach the eggs until the whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny. Reserve warm.
- To assemble the salad, per order: Combine 1½ oz. greens with 1/3 c. tomatoes, 1 oz. mushrooms and ¾ oz. bacon. Top with a poached egg. Serve with 2 tablespoons of dressing.
Recipe Yield: 24 servings
Per serving: 441 cal., 21 g pro., 38 g carb., 4 g fiber, 46 g fat (9 g sat. fat), 210 mg chol., 910 mg sod., 6 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >