- 2 lbs. Farro
- 2 qts. water, lightly salted
- 1 lb. uncooked bacon
- 4 T. lemon juice
- 3 T. shallots, minced
- 1 t. crushed red-pepper flakes
- 4 t. ground toasted fennel seed
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 c. tomato, large dice
- 8 c. arugula
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the water to a boil. Add InHarvest Farro. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Drain any remaining liquid from the pot. Lay the farro out on a sheet pan to cool to room temperature.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Break into ½” pieces.
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, shallot, red-pepper flakes, fennel seed, salt and pepper. Whisk together while drizzling in the olive oil.
- In a bowl, toss well the farro, bacon, tomato, arugula and dressing. Serve.
Recipe Yield: 24 (1 c.) servings
Per serving: 195 cal., 8 g pro., 27 g carb., 3 g fiber, 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 6 mg chol., 312 mg sod., 1 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >