- 2 lbs Ruby Wild Blend™
- 2 quarts water or stock
- 2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 cup ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 1/4 lbs chicken, cooked, diced
- 1 cup water
- 6 lbs corn kernels, thawed if using frozen
- 4 lbs red bell pepper, 1/4 inch slices
- 8 cups black beans, canned, low sodium, drained
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups chipotle ranch dressing
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped
Recipe of the MonthSprouted Sienna Red Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess Dressing Get recipes in your inbox >
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Place the contents of a 2 lb bag of InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend into a 2½-inch full hotel pan. Add hot liquid, salt and ¼ cup of the cumin to the pan, stirring to distribute the spices.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 50 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Uncover and gently stir in the chopped cilantro. Hold, covered, in a warmer or steam table.
- In a hotel pan, combine the chicken, remaining ¼ cup cumin and water. Mix well, cover with foil and cook in a 350°F oven until food temperature reaches 165°F, about 20 minutes. Hold hot for service.
- In another hotel pan, combine the corn, bell peppers, black beans and oil. Mix well, cover with foil and cook in a 350°F oven until food temperature reaches 165°F, about 20 minutes. Hold hot for service.
- To assemble, place 1 – 8 oz spoodle of rice in a serving bowl. Top with 1 –8 oz spoodle of vegetable mixture. Top vegetables with 2 oz (#8 scoop) of chicken. Top chicken with 1/8 cup (#30 scoop) of chipotle ranch dressing and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Per serving: 600 cal., 34 g pro., 57 g carb., 9 g fiber, 28 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 75 mg chol., 666 mg sod., 6 g sugar
Each portion provides 2 grain/bread servings, 1 cup vegetable (1/2 cup starchy, 1/4 cup red/orange, 1/4 cup legume), 2.5 oz meat/alt*.
*The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce to ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.