- 2 lbs. Ruby Wild Blend™
- 2 qts. water
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 17 large eggs, beaten
- 17 oz. cheddar cheese, low sodium, grated
- 4 1/4 c. USDA salsa, low sodium, canned (or other low sodium salsa)
- 24, 8" whole grain tortillas (44 grams)
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend, 2 T. cumin, 1 t. kosher salt, ½ t. pepper and 2 qts. boiling water. Stir well to combine. Cover the pan with foil.
- Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 50 minutes or until the grain is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. (If using different equipment, adjust per package instructions.)
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil, and stir in the cilantro and lime juice using a rubber spatula.
- Replace the foil and hold hot for service.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring, until the eggs are cooked through.* Hold hot until ready to build burritos.
- Heat the tortillas in an oven or steamer.
- At service, place ½ c. cooked grain in the center of a tortilla and spread it out to the right and left edges. Top the grain with ⅛ c. scrambled eggs. Top the eggs with ½ oz cheese. Top the cheese with ⅛ cup salsa. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling. Fold in the edges and roll the burrito.
- Heat to 165°F and serve. (If making a day ahead, chill properly and reheat to 165°F before serving.)
Recipe Yield: 34 burritos
Per serving: 339 cal., 14 g pro., 43 g carb., 5 g fiber, 13 g fat, 5 g. sat. fat, 122 mg chol., 342 mg sod.
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
Alternately, the eggs can be cooked in a 350°F oven. Oil the bottom of a hotel pan and add beaten eggs. Bake, uncovered, for approximately 15 minutes, removing once to stir with a rubber spatula and break up the eggs as they cook.
One burrito provides 1¼ oz equivalent grain/bread, ⅛ cup red/orange vegetable and 1½ oz equivalent meat/alt