High in fiber with a low glycemic index combined with a fairly quick cook time make this whole grain awesome!
Great color and great flavor with fantastic nutritionals.
YIELDS 9 cups
- 8 oz. Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 4 c. broccoli stems/stalks, shredded on grater
- 2 c. carrots, skins included, shredded on grater
- ½ red onion, thin sliced
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- ½ c. water
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. cumin
- 2 T. turmeric
- 1 t. kosher salt
- Cook InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh™ to package directions. Remove from pot and chill.
- In large bowl, mix shredded broccoli, carrots and thin sliced onions.
- Add red wine vinegar and water.
- Drizzle honey and add turmeric, cumin and salt.
- Combine well and chill to serve.
Recipe Yield: 9 cups
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
Don’t throw away those broccoli stems, grate them up.
Grate unpeeled carrots for best nutrition!
Turmeric is on trend and has amazing health benefits.