- 1 lb. Puffed Wild Rice
- 1 lb. InHarvest Puffed Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 c. vegan butter, divided
- 3 c. roughly chopped shallot
- 1 qt. button mushrooms, small diced
- 1 qt. portobello mushroom, small diced
- 3 T. kosher salt, divided
- 2 t. ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 c. dry vermouth
- 2 T. fresh thyme, chopped
- 48,4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (scaloppini sytle)
- 6 c. rice flour
- 1/2 gal. liquid soy-free vegan egg replacer
- 1/2 gal. canola oil
- In a large pan over high heat, heat 1 c. vegan butter. Add the shallot. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the shallot just begins to caramelize.
- Add the mushrooms, 1 T. salt, black pepper, garlic and bay leaf. Cook until all liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the vermouth and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Stir in the remaining butter and thyme. Reduce heat to simmer and let the Duxelle cook for 1 hour. Remove the bay leaf.
- Run InHarvest Puffed Wild Rice and InHarvest Puffed Brown Rice through a food processor until the grains are broken down, but not powdered.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the puffed rice with the remaining salt.
- Set up an assembly line with separate bowls of the rice flour, egg replacer and blended puffed rices. Dredge each chicken breast through the flour, then the egg replacer and, finally, the puffed-rice mixture.
- Batch-cook the chicken breasts in canola oil in a frying pan, skillet or fryer on high heat. (If pan-frying, cook approximately 4 minutes per side.) Hold cooked breasts in a hot box until service.
- To serve, plate a crusted chicken breast and spoon mushroom Duxelle over the top.
Recipe Yield: 48 servings
Per serving: 350 cal., 29 g pro., 44 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 75 mg chol., 340 mg sod., 2 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >