- 2 lbs. Farro
- 8 c. apple cider vinegar, divided
- 1 qt. water
- 2 lbs. baby arugula
- 2 c. radishes, washed, thinly sliced
- 4 c. carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 T. kosher salt
- 2 c. red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 c. shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 c. lemon juice
- 1 T. cracked black pepper
- 4 c. pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 c. olive oil
- 2 c. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large pot, bring 1 qt. of water, 1 qt. of apple cider vinegar and 1 T. salt to a boil. Add InHarvest Farro, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, place in refrigerator to cool.
- Combine radishes and carrots in a small bowl with remaining vinegar, sugar and remaining salt. Let sit for 1 hour. Drain liquid and rinse in colander.
- In a large bowl, combine chilled Farro, radishes, carrots, bell peppers, arugula and parmesan cheese.
- To make the dressing, stir together garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss salad with dressing, plate and garnish with pistachios and cracked black pepper.
Recipe Yield: 64 salads
Per serving: 190 cal., 5 g pro., 19 g carb., 2 g fiber, 11 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 150 mg sod., 3 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >