- 2 ½ c. water or stock
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 3 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- ½ gal. water
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 can garbanzo beans, with aqua faba reserved
- ½ lb. apricots, cut in half
- 1 c. Queen olives, cut in half
- 3 fennel bulbs, quartered, roasted
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 2 c. local honey
- ½ c. sesame seeds, toasted
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add chicken thighs and fry until light golden. Transfer chicken to oven-safe pan, cover and bake at 350°F until cooked through (165°F internal temp) . Reserve the large saucepan and olive oil for later use.
- In separate pot, add InHarvest Mountain Red Blend™ to boiling water or stock and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Prepare InHarvest Black Butte Chickpeas™ according to package instructions and reserve. Portion 2 c. cooked for recipe reserve the rest.
- In saucepan with olive oil, sauté onions and garlic until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add roasted fennel and sauté 2 minutes
- Add apricots, cooked black butte garbanzo beans, roasted tomatoes, olives, cinnamon, and honey. Add cooked chicken to pan and lightly simmer for about 15 minutes. Add a little of the reserved aqua faba, if needed, for moisture.
- Serve family style over InHarvest Mountain Red Blend.
Recipe Yield: 16 (1 c.) servings
Per serving: 420 cal., 17 g pro., 63 g carb., 6 g fiber, 13 g fat (2.5 g sat. fat), 100 mg chol., 640 mg sod., 38 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >