- 2 lbs. Short-Grain Brown Rice
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 c. onion, medium diced
- 3 qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 2 t. fresh thyme leaves, chopped (if using dried thyme, use half the amount)
- 9 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½-inch hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Medium Grain Brown Rice or Short-Grain Brown Rice, 2 t. salt, ½ c. lemon juice, 2 t. thyme (1 t. if using dried thyme) and 3 qts. hot stock mixture.
- Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover tightly with parchment paper and foil.
- Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender (there may still be some liquid in the pan).
- Using a rubber spatula, fold 9 oz cheese and ¼ cup parsley into each pan.
- Cover and hold hot for service.
Recipe Yield: 16 servings
Per serving: 299 cal., 12 g pro., 47 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 14 mg chol., 510 mg sod., 1 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >
No fussy stirring in this one-pot risotto recipe! The starch is slowly released as the brown rice cooks to create that classic creamy consistency.
Risotto should be fairly loose. Adjust consistency by folding in more hot stock after the risotto has rested, if necessary.
Scoop and serve, then let the kids loose at the toppings bar!
A 1-cup serving provides .5 oz equivalent meat/meat alternate and 2 oz equivalent grains
This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the procedure.