- 2 lbs. Greenwheat Freekeh™
- 8 c. water
- Salt, as needed
- ½ c. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped shallot
- ½ c. minced garlic
- 2 T. dried oregano
- 4 t. kosher salt
- 2 c. chopped Italian parsley
- 16 eggs
- 4 c. grated Parmesan
- 6 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 c. vegetable stock
1. Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add InHarvest Greenwheat Freekeh. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Lay the cooked freekeh out on a sheet pan. Place the sheet pan in a walk-in or cooler until the freekeh is chilled.
3. In a pan, heat the olive oil. Sauté the shallot and garlic. Stir in the oregano.
4. In a large bowl, combine the chilled freekeh with the sautéed shallot and garlic and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Using a ¼ c. scoop, form 1½ oz. meatballs, compressing tightly.
6. Bake until lightly browned.
Recipe Yield: 96 meatballs (24 servings)
Per serving: 370 cal., 15 g pro., 46 g carb., 7 g fiber, 13 g fat (3.5 g sat. fat), 135 mg chol., 670 mg sod., 1 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >