- 17 c. Grain Perfect™ Black Pearl Medley®, thawed
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 2½ lbs. raw, boneless pork, cubed
- 2 c. onion, medium-diced
- 1/2 c. garlic clove, minced
- 4 T. ground cumin
- 2 c. chicken stock, low sodium
- 4 c. salsa verde
- 8 c. black beans, canned, drained
- 1 c. cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 T. kosher salt
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the cubed pork and brown meat on all sides. Drain excess fat from pot.
- Add the onions, garlic and cumin and sauté, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock, salsa verde, beans, cilantro and salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Return to a simmer, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 1 hour or until pork is tender. Hold hot until ready to serve.
- Heat the InHarvest GrainPerfect Black Pearl Medley with a splash of water or stock in a sauté pan or hotel pan in the oven. Hold hot until ready to serve.
- Serve Black Pearl Medley in a bowl topped with a scoop of Chile Verde.
Recipe Yield: 17 servings
Per serving: 523 cal., 30 g pro., 75 g carb., 23 g fiber, 10 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 45 mg chol., 619 mg sod., 1 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
Serve with warm tortillas, crumbled queso fresco and chopped cilantro.