- 6 lbs. Golden Jewel Blend®
- 3 c. lemon juice, fresh
- 3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. garlic, fresh, minced
- 3/4 c. oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. mint, fresh, chopped
- 6 c. tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 c. black olives, sliced
- 2 c. red onion, diced
- 1 lb. spinach, fresh, julienne cut
- 12 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine 1 ¼ qts. water with each 2 lb. package of InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend in a full hotel pan. Cover and cook in convection or combi oven at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until liquid is gone. Cool overnight or until properly chilled to 41°F or lower.
- To make lemon garlic vinaigrette, start with large bowl and drizzle extra virgin olive oil into fresh squeezed lemon juice while whipping continuously. Add sugar, salt, garlic, oregano and mint and blend well. Adjust salt and sugar to taste.
- Combine chilled Golden Jewel Blend with vinaigrette, mix well until all grains have separated.
- Add tomatoes, olives, onion and spinach, mix well.
- Chill salad and garnish with feta cheese before serving.
Recipe Yield: 100 (1/2 c.) servings
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
Substitute lemon garlic vinaigrette with any balsamic or Mediterranean style vinaigrette.