- 2 lbs. Farro
- 2 qts. water
- 12 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled & seeded
- 6 jalapeno peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1¾ c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1 c. red wine vinegar
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. lime juice
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- On stovetop, bring 2 c. lightly salted water to a boil and add InHarvest Farro. Simmer 30 minutes. (If liquid disappears, add a little more to keep Farro moist.) Drain and chill farro on a sheet tray.
- Char chiles for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn once or twice to get an even cook.
- Remove chiles from grill and place into a zip-lock bag. Seal bag and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove chiles from bag. Seed and peel, then cool.
- In a food processor, purée charred chiles, cilantro, garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
- Add chilled farro, vinegar and ½ c. water. Purée until fairly smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add juice from lime and incorporate well. Chill until service. Serve with chips or raw vegetables.
Recipe Yield: 40 (¼ c.) servings
Per serving: 110 cal., 3 g pro., 13 g carb.,2 g fiber, 5g fat (.5 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 10 mg. sod., 0 g. sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >