- 1 1/2 qts. water
- 4 lbs. fajita chicken strips, cooked
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 5 bell peppers, red and green mixed, seeded and sliced
- 2 T. canola oil
- 4 T. chili powder
- 3 T. paprika
- 4 t. sugar
- 5 t. garlic powder
- 5 t. cumin
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 50 corn tortillas, 6-inch
- Combine InHarvest Caviar Medley™ rice and Garden Vegetable Seasoning with water in 4 inch hotel pan. Cover and cook in a combi or convection oven at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- In a separate hotel pan, combine cooked fajita chicken strips, bell peppers, onions and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Add spices (or fajita seasoning mix if using) and mix well.
- After rice has cooked for 15 minutes, add chicken and veg pan to combi.
- After rice has finished cooking, remove both pans and combine for service.
- Serve ½ c. portion per taco shell, garnish with cilantro if desired.
Recipe Yield: 25 servings (50 tacos)
Per serving: 403 cal., 31 g pro., 57 g carb., 7 g fiber, 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 67 mg chol., 291 mg sod., 3 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
A low-sodium fajita seasoning can be used in place of the spices listed. Substitute ¾-cup seasoning if using the recipe in its original form yielding 50 tacos.