Domestic White Quinoa makes this complete protein whole grain "LOCAL"
Experiment with textures by slicing the tomatoes differently, cutting the asparagus on a bias and keeping the stems on the mushrooms.
- 8 oz. Domestic White Quinoa
- 2 c. water
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. sweet onion, diced
- 2 c. cremini mushrooms, quartered, stems included
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 2 c. cauliflower, whole head, riced and roasted
- 2 c. standard asparagus, bias-cut
- 4 c. whole milk
- 1 c. vegetable stock
- 2 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2, bias cut
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- Cook InHarvest Domestic White Quinoa per package instructions.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and roast off the riced cauliflower for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned. Reserve for later use.
- Sauté onions with the garlic in oil about 4 minutes until translucent.
- Add cremini mushrooms and asparagus, sauté for about 5 minutes. Add roasted, riced cauliflower and cooked quinoa.
- Add milk, vegetable stock and parmesan cheese. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach, mix well and serve with cherry tomatoes on top.
Recipe Yield: 13 cups
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
When ricing the cauliflower keep the base intact and rice the whole thing to avoid food waste.
Experiment with textures by slicing the tomatoes differently, cutting the asparagus on a bias and keeping the stems on the mushrooms. It is all about presentation. The more you want to take a picture of the dish and post it on social media, the better it will taste!