- 2 lbs. Ruby Wild Blend™
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 3 yellow onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 qts. prepared verde salsa, heat level can be adjusted by using spicy or mild salsa
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and diced (optional)
- 3 lbs. pork shoulder, trimmed of fat, medium diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 t. toasted cumin seed, ground
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried thyme leaves
- 3 T. ancho chile powder
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 1 1/2 c. stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c. puréed tomatillo
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- To prepare the chili, heat the oil and add the onion in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, verde salsa, jalapeño, pork shoulder, bay leaf, cumin seed, oregano, thyme and ancho chili powder. Cook for about 5 minutes and stir to keep vegetables from overcooking.
- Add the stock, stewed tomato and tomatillo. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook on simmer for about an hour.
- Add InHarvest Ruby Wild Blend to the chili and cook for another hour or until the grains are fork tender.
Recipe Yield: 24 (1½ c.) servings
Per serving: 460 cal., 23 g pro., 41 g carb.,5 g fiber, 23g fat (7 g sat. fat), 70 mg chol., 650mg sod., 6 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >