- 2 lbs. Bulgur Wheat
- 1/2 c. soy sauce, reduce sodium
- 3/4 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1 3/4 c. canola oil
- 1/2 c. sesame oil
- 16 c. baby spinach
- 2 lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 c. carrot, shredded
- 4 c. edamame
- Cook InHarvest Bulgur Wheat according to package instructions (additionally, the bulgur may be cooked by soaking in boiling water, covered, for 30 minutes at a ratio of 2 lbs. bulgur to 2 qts. boiling water).
- Cool completely on a sheet pan.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, orange juice, lemon juice, canola oil and sesame oil.
- Fill 2 oz. dressing cups with ¼ c. dressing, whisking the dressing often to maintain the emulsion, and cover with a lid.
- Layer ingredients into 16 oz cups as follows:
– 1 c. InHarvest Bulgur Wheat
– 1 c. spinach
– 2 oz. chicken (about ½ c., volume may vary depending on product used)
– ¼ c. carrots
– ¼ c. edamame
- Cover with a flat lid.
- Place filled dressing cup on top of salad cup.
- Place domed lid on top of salad cup and press to seal.
- To make the salad, remove lids from the cup. Pour contents of the dressing container into the cup. Replace domed lid only and shake until ingredients are mixed.
Recipe Yield: 16 salads
Per serving: 653 cal., 31 g pro., 57 g carb., 15 g fiber, 36 g fat, 4 g sat. fat, 52 g chol., 404 g sod.
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
For each salad, you will need a 16-oz clear cup with a flat, no-hole lid and a domed, no-hole lid and a 2 oz. portion cup with lid.
Each salad provides 2 grain serving, 1 cup vegetable (1/4 cup red/orange, 1/4 cup legume, 1/2 cup dark green), 2 oz. eq meat/alt*