- 2 lbs Aztec Blend™
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 12 T lime juice
- 8 t lime zest
- 8 T garlic, minced
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 16 t dried red chilies, ground
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 T honey
- 7 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 cups pineapple, diced
- 4 cups tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup basil, chiffonade
- 8 T red onion, diced
- 12 T jalapeño chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 3 t kosher salt
- 4 Hass avocados
Recipe of the MonthSprouted Sienna Red Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess Dressing Get recipes in your inbox >
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil and add the InHarvest Aztec Blend.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 35 minutes. Hold hot.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime zest, 8 tablespoons lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, ground red chilies, cilantro and honey.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and fold the ingredients together to completely coat the shrimp.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, tomato, basil, onion, jalapeño, 4 tablespoons lime juice and salt. Mix well.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut each half lengthwise into 3 pieces.
- Place avocado on a sheet pan, flesh side up and broil until lightly charred. Remove and let cool
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and place the marinade in a small pot with 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp onto bamboo skewers.
- Broil the shrimp skewers for 2 minutes per side (depending on size of shrimp, look for an opaque center).
- Mound Aztec Blend onto plates and drizzle with the marinade. Top with shrimp and pineapple salsa. Garnish with charred avocado.
Per serving: 503 cal., 35 g pro., 48 g carb., 5 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 201 mg chol., 821 mg sod., 11 g sugar