- 8 oz. Cabernet Medley™
- 2 ½ c. water
- 16 oz. crabmeat
- ¼ c. rough-chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ c. toasted whole pine nuts
- ¼ c. smashed toasted pine nuts
- 3 t. OLD BAY® seasoning
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 egg whites
- Panko bread crumbs, as needed
- Cooking oil, as needed
- Salted butter, as needed
- Bring water to a boil. Add InHarvest Cabernet Medley. Bring liquid back to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and remain covered; let rest for 5 minutes. Lay Cabernet Medley out on a sheet tray to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combined Cabernet Medley with crab, cilantro, whole and smashed pine nuts and OLD BAY®. Reserve.
- In another bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and egg whites until creamy.
- Fold the creamy mixture into the crabmeat mixture until combined well. (If the mixture is too moist, add enough bread crumbs to firm up.)
- Form 4 oz. cakes. Lightly coat with bread crumbs.
- Add cooking oil and a little butter to a large fry pan just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Sear cakes a few at a time (do not crowd in the pan) until golden brown on each side, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place seared crab cakes into a 350°F oven and finish cooking, approximately 20 minutes.
Recipe Yield: 10 (4 oz.) cakes
Per serving: 230 cal., 9 g pro., 16 g carb., 1 g fiber, 15 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 25 mg chol., 280 mg. sod., 0 g. sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >