- 2 lbs. Wheat Berries, uncooked
- 3 lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 3 c. carrots, peeled, diced
- 4 c. celery, diced
- ¾ c. scallions, diced
- 2 c. yogurt, plain, unsweetened, nonfat
- 1¼ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. hot sauce (if using Frank’s® RedHot®, increase to 3/8 c.)
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1½ t. kosher salt
- 1½ c. blue-cheese crumbles
1. Cook InHarvest Wheat Berries according to package directions.
2. Drain and cool the wheat berries completely.
3. Combine the wheat berries, cooked chicken, carrots, celery and scallions. Mix well.
4. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, hot sauce, lemon juice and salt. Blend well.
5. Fold in the blue-cheese crumbles.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix well to distribute the dressing.
Recipe Yield: 28, 1-cup servings
Per serving: 280 cal., 22 g pro., 28 g carb., 5 g fiber, 10 g fat, 3.5 g sat. fat, 55 mg chol. 370 mg sod. 3 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >
A 1-cup serving provides 1 bread/grain serving, ¼ cup vegetable, 1.5 oz meat/alt.
*The meat/meat alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.