- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 qts. chicken or vegetable stock, low sodium
- 1/8 c. Italian seasoning
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 c. carrots, peeled, diced (optional)
- 1/2 c. onion, diced (optional)
- In a pot, bring the stock to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 1/8 c. Italian seasoning, 2 t. kosher salt, 1 c. carrots (if using), ½ c. onion (if using) and 2 qts. hot stock. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pan with parchment and foil.
- Bake in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the grain is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Hold, covered, in a warmer or steam table until service.
Recipe Yield: 1 (2½”) hotel pan, 20 (¾ c.) portions
Per serving: 182 cal., 6 g pro., 37 g carb., 3 g fiber, 2 g fat, <1 g. sat. fat, 0 mg chol., 222 mg sod.
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >
One serving provides 1.5 grain/bread equivalent