- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 qts. water or stock
- 1 T. ground turmeric
- 2 T. ground ginger
- 2 T. kosher salt
- 4 1/4 c. yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 4 1/4 c. tomato sauce
- 3/4 c. curry powder
- 5 1/2 lbs. paneer cheese, unsalted, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 6 lbs. carrots, 1/4" slices
- 4 1/4 lbs. red bell pepper, 1/4" slices
- 8 1/2 c. chick peas
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Place the contents of a 2 lb. bag of InHarvest Black Pearl Medley into a 2½-inch full hotel pan. Add turmeric, ginger, 1 T. of the salt and hot liquid to the pan, stirring to distribute the spices.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Hold, covered, in a warmer or steam table.
- Combine yogurt, tomato sauce, curry powder and remaining 1 T. salt. Blend well. Sauce may be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Place cheese and sauce in a hotel pan. Cover and heat in a 350°F oven to 165°F, about 20 minutes. Hold hot for service.
- Toss the carrots, bell peppers and chick peas with oil, lay out on a sheet pan and roast in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Place in a steam table pan and hold hot for service.
- To assemble, place an 8 oz. spoodle of rice in a serving bowl. Top with an 8 oz. spoodle of vegetable mixture. Top vegetables with #8 scoop of paneer cheese/sauce mixture.
Recipe Yield: 34 bowls
Per serving: 553 cal., 27 g pro., 47 g carb., 11 g fiber, 29 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 579 mg sod., 12 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >
Each portion provides 2 grain/bread servings, 1 cup vegetable (3/4 cup red/orange, 1/4 cup legume), 2.5 oz meat/alt.*
*The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce to ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.