- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 1/2 c. ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1/2 c. garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2 qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 1/4 c. curry powder
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 9 c. sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 2 lbs. yogurt, plain, unsweetened, low-fat
- 6 c. peas, thawed
- Combine ginger, garlic, curry powder and chicken stock in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Into each 4” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 3 lbs. chicken, 9 c. sweet potato and 2½ qts. hot stock mixture.
- Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover tightly with parchment paper and foil.
- Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender. (There will still be liquid in the pan.)
- Uncover pans and fold 32 oz. yogurt and 6 c. peas into each pan using a rubber spatula.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
Recipe Yield: 32 servings
Per serving: 258 cal., 22 g pro., 37 g carb., 6 g fiber, 3 g fat, 1 g sat. fat, 41 mg chol., 438 mg sod.
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
An 8-oz. spoodle serving (8.2 oz. by weight) provides 1 bread/grain oz equivalent, 3/8 cup vegetable (¼ cup red/orange, 1/8 cup starchy), 1.75 oz equivalent meat/alt.*
This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the procedure.
*The Meat/Meat Alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.