- 2 lbs Black Pearl Medley®
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 2/3 T ginger, grated or minced
- 4 cups carrot, peeled, thinly sliced coins
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Recipe of the MonthSprouted Sienna Red Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess Dressing Get recipes in your inbox >
- Using the package directions as a guide, slightly overcook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley (to avoid toughening of the grains caused by the acid in the dressing).
- Lay the cooked Black Pearl Medley out on a sheet pan. Reserve the sheet pan in a walk-in or cooler until the grain is chilled.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water, or steam just until the florets are crisp- tender. Plunge the florets into ice water. Drain well.
- To make the dressing, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, sesame oil and ginger.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled Black Pearl Medley, broccoli florets, carrot slices, scallion and cilantro. Mix all ingredients well.
- Add the vinaigrette to the grain salad and mix well again. Reserve chilled until service.
Per serving: 170 cal., 5 g pro., 30 g carb., 5 g fiber, 3 g fat, 0 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol., 342 mg sod., 3 g sugar
Each 1-cup portion provides 1 grain/bread equivalent, ¼ cup vegetable (1/8 cup red/orange, 1/8 cup dark green)
The acid in the dressing will cause the grains to toughen. Slightly overcooking the Black Pearl Medley prevents this from happening.