- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 8 c. broccoli florets
- 3/4 c. soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. sesame oil
- 2 2/3 T. ginger, grated or minced
- 4 c. carrot, peeled, thinly sliced coins
- 1/2 c.scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- Using the package directions as a guide, slightly overcook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley (to avoid toughening of the grains caused by the acid in the dressing).
- Lay the cooked Black Pearl Medley out on a sheet pan. Reserve the sheet pan in a walk-in or cooler until the grain is chilled.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water, or steam just until the florets are crisp- tender. Plunge the florets into ice water. Drain well.
- To make the dressing, combine the soy sauce, orange juice, sesame oil and ginger.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled Black Pearl Medley, broccoli florets, carrot slices, scallion and cilantro. Mix all ingredients well.
- Add the vinaigrette to the grain salad and mix well again. Reserve chilled until service.
Recipe Yield: 40 (1/2 c.) portions
Per serving: 170 cal., 5 g pro., 30 g carb., 5 g fiber, 3 g fat, 0 g sat. fat, 0 mg chol., 342 mg sod., 3 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
Each 1-cup portion provides 1 grain/bread equivalent, ¼ cup vegetable (1/8 cup red/orange, 1/8 cup dark green)
The acid in the dressing will cause the grains to toughen. Slightly overcooking the Black Pearl Medley prevents this from happening.