- 2 lbs Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken stock, low sodium
- 1/2 cup ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T brown sugar
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 cups carrots, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 4 cups red bell peppers, large dice
- 1 cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 T red pepper flakes
Recipe of the MonthSprouted Sienna Red Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess Dressing Get recipes in your inbox >
- In a large pot, combine the chicken stock, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½ inch hotel pan, place 2 lbs InHarvest Black Pearl Medley®, 3½ lbs chicken, 4 cups carrots, 4 cups bell peppers, 1 cup soy sauce, ¼ cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes and 2½ quarts hot stock mixture.
- Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover the pan tightly with parchment paper and foil.
- Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir well before serving.
Per serving: 261 cal., 25 g pro., 32 g carb., 5 g fiber, 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 386 mg sod., 4 g sugar
Each 1 cup serving provides 1 grain/bread equivalent, ¼ cup vegetable (red/orange) and 2 oz meat/alt.*
For a saucier dish, add a cup of hot stock or water to the pan and stir well with a rubber spatula right before serving.
This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the directions.
*The meat/meat alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.