- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 1/2 qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 1/2 c. ginger, finely minced or grated
- 1/4 c. garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 3 1/2 lbs. chicken meat, cooked, diced
- 4 c. carrots, sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 4 c. red bell peppers, large dice
- 1 c. soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 T. red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, combine the chicken stock, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½-inch hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 3½ lbs. chicken, 4 c. carrots, 4 c. bell peppers, 1 c. soy sauce, ¼ c. vinegar, 2 T. sesame oil, ½ t. red pepper flakes and 2½ qts. hot stock mixture.
- Stir well to combine and distribute the ingredients.
- Cover the pan tightly with parchment paper and foil.
- Cook in a 350°F convection oven for approximately 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir well before serving.
Recipe Yield: 1 (2½”) hotel pan, 27 (1 c.) servings
Per serving: 261 cal., 25 g pro., 32 g carb., 5 g fiber, 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 386 mg sod., 4 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
Each 1 cup serving provides 1 grain/bread equivalent, ¼ cup vegetable (red/orange) and 2 oz meat/alt.*
For a saucier dish, add a cup of hot stock or water to the pan and stir well with a rubber spatula right before serving.
This recipe is intended to be made in multiple hotel-pan batches. If the desired total is not a multiple of the hotel-pan yield, a partial pan may be made with adjustments to the amounts listed in the directions.
*The meat/meat alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.