- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 qts. chicken stock, low sodium
- 4 c. tomatoes, canned, low sodium, diced, with juice
- 2 T. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. ground bay leaf
- 4 c. green bell pepper, 1/4" diced
- 2 c. celery, 1/4" diced
- 2 lbs. chicken, cooked USDA fajita
- 1 lb. smoked turkey sausage, cooked, sliced on the bias
- 4 c. scallions, thinly sliced
- Combine the chicken stock, tomatoes, smoked paprika and ground bay leaf in a stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Into each 2½” hotel pan, place 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, 4 c. green bell pepper, 2 c. celery, 2 lbs. chicken, 1 lb. sausage and 3 qts. hot stock mixture.
- Stir well to distribute ingredients, cover tightly with parchment paper and foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 50 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove foil and parchment paper, add the scallions and stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Keep covered in a warmer until ready to serve.
Recipe Yield: 1 (2½”) hotel pan, 24 (1 c.) servings
Per serving: 253 cal., 21 g pro., 34 g carb., 6 g fiber, 4 g fat, 1 g. sat. fat, 45 mg chol., 235 mg sod.
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >
A 1-cup serving provides 1.25 bread/grain serving, ½ cup vegetable and 2 oz of meat/alt.*
* The meat/meat alternate contribution is calculated on an ounce-to-ounce basis. If using a product that requires more than 1 ounce to meet the ounce equivalent, the recipe will require adjustment in order to meet the stated M/MA contribution.