- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 5 T. sugar
- 2 1/2 t. turmeric
- 10 T. rice vinegar
- 3 t. kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/2 c. daikon radish, peel, 1" matchsticks
- 2 1/2 c. carrots, peeled, 1" matchsticks
- 1 1/4 c. scallions or spring onions, 1" bias-cut
- 8 1/2 c. green cabbage, shredded
- 2 1/8 c. kimchee with juice, roughly chopped
- 2 1/8 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- 1/4 c. garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 c. sesame oil
- 1/2 c. rice syrup
- 1 c. gochujang sauce
- 17 whole eggs
- 1 T. Korean chile flakes
- Cook InHarvest Black Pearl Medley according to package instructions. Reserve warm.
- In a bowl, combine the water, sugar, turmeric, rice vinegar and 1 t. salt. Stir well. Add the radish, carrot and scallion to the liquid. Place the bowl in the walk-in or cooler to let the vegetables marinate for at least 1 hour before use.
- To make the slaw, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, kimchee with juice, cilantro, mayonnaise, remaining salt and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small pot, combine the sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, syrup and gochujang sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs until the yolks are set, but not cooked through (about 7 minutes). Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Per order: In the bottom of a soup or other bowl, place 1 c. of cooked Black Pearl Medley. Top with ½ c. slaw, 2 egg halves, ¼ c. pickled vegetables and ⅛ c. sauce. Garnish with a sprinkling of chile flakes.
Recipe Yield: 17 servings
Per serving: 505 cal., 16 g pro., 75 g carb., 10 g fiber, 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 215 mg chol., 1,063 mg sod., 22 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >