- 2 lbs. Black Pearl Medley®
- 1½ qts. water or stock
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 5¾ qts. collard greens, washed, ribs removed, 1-inch diced
- 2¾ c. tomato, fresh, chopped
- 2¾ c. onion, chopped
- ¾ t. kosher salt
- ¾ t. black pepper, ground
- 1 1/3 c. water
- 2¾ qts. sweet potato, peeled, 1-inch diced
- 3 T. vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. peri peri sauce
- 4¼ c. garbanzo beans, canned, drained
- 4¼ c. black-eyed peas, canned, drained
- 1 c. + 1 T. pumpkin seeds, roasted
- 1 c. + 1 T. peanuts, roasted, chopped
- Bring water or stock to a boil. Add InHarvest Black Pearl Medley, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender. Hold hot for service.
- Heat oil in a pan large enough to hold the collard greens. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add tomato, collards, salt, pepper and water. Mix well and braise for 30 minutes or until collards are tender. Hold hot for service.
- Mix sweet potato and vegetable oil and roast in one layer in a 425ºF oven for 30 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and peri peri sauce.
- Mix together the garbanzo beans and black-eyed peas.
- To serve, place 1 c. Black Pearl Medley in the bottom of a bowl. Top with ½ c. collard greens, ¼ c. sweet potatoes, ½ c. beans, 2 T. creamy peri peri sauce, 1 T. pumpkin seeds and 1 T. peanuts. Garnish with scallions (optional).
Recipe Yield: 17 servings
Per serving: 670 cal., 20 g pro., 82 g carb., 17 g fiber, 30 g fat (4.5 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 590 mg. sod., 8 g. sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >