- 2 lbs. Black Butte Chickpeas™
- 2 gal. water, divided
- ½ c. juice from a blood orange
- 4 t. red wine vinegar
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. minced shallot
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1 c. olive oil
- 2 qts. peeled, cooked beets, sliced ¼”
- 2 gal. winter salad greens (endive, chicory, raddichio, Treviso)
- 12 oz. goat cheese
- Bring ½ of the water to a boil. Pour over InHarvest Black Butte Chickpeas™ placed in a large bowl. Cover; let soak for 1 hour.
- Drain the chickpeas. On the stovetop, place the chickpeas in a pot with the remaining water. Bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until tender, adding more liquid if necessary. Drain; let cool.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, Dijon, shallot, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk until the dressing is emulsified.
- Add the greens to the chickpeas and dressing; toss to coat.
- To serve, lay out the sliced beets on a shallow platter or platters. Top the beets with the dressed salad. Dot the salad or salads with goat cheese.
Recipe Yield: 24 (1 c.) servings
Per serving: 287 cal., 12 g pro., 32 g carb., 15 g fiber, 13 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 7 mg chol., 271 mg sod., 5 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >