- 2 lbs. Black Butte Chickpeas™
- 4 qts. water
- 4 qts. vegetable stock
- 1 T. baking soda
- 8 kohlrabi, bulbs, tops removed, bulb peeled and shredded
- 2-2/3 c. almond flour
- 8 whole eggs
- 4 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 t. kosher salt
- 1 c. oil for frying
- Prepare InHarvest Black Butte Chickpeas™ according to package instructions.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked, while they are warm, smash with a fork to a slightly creamy texture.
- Peel and shred the kohlrabi bulb, add almond flour, eggs, Parmesan cheese and salt & pepper. Fold in the smashed chickpeas. Incorporate all ingredients well.
- Add 2 T. of oil to a pan in low to medium heat.
- Form the kohlrabi fritter with a tablespoon and fry until golden brown on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side). Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all fritters are golden brown.
Recipe Yield: 24 portions (64 latkes)
Per serving: 300 cal., 15 g pro., 29 g carb., 6 g fiber, 15 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 55 mg chol., 660 mg sod., 5 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >
Add baking soda to the boiling water when preparing the garbanzos to help keep skins soft.
Depending on how thick you make the fritter, you may need to bake in oven on a sheet tray to cook through (350° for about 10-15 minutes, internal temp of 160°).