- 8 oz. Black Butte Chickpeas™
- 2 qts. water, divided
- 8 oz. InHarvest Black Butte Chickpeas™
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- ½ c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 6 oz. chorizo sausage link, sliced to ¼”-thick coins
- 1 T. fresh-minced garlic
- 5 oz. fresh spinach leaves without stems
- In a medium pot, bring 1 qt. of the water and InHarvest Black Butte Chickpeas™ to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let soak for 1 hour.
- Drain the soaking liquid; add the remaining water to the pot of chickpeas. Bring back to boil; reduce to simmer. Cook, covered, for 25 minutes or until tender, adding more water if necessary. Drain; let cool.
- In a bowl, coat the tomatoes with 2 T. olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt. Lay the tomatoes out on a sheet pan. Roast in a 350°F conventional oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven; reserve.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 T. olive oil. Add the chorizo; cook until it begins to brown. Stir in the garlic; sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the cooked chickpeas; heat through. Add the tomatoes and spinach; stir until the spinach is just wilted.
- Add the remaining olive oil; toss to evenly coat the chickpeas. Serve warm as a shared appetizer with crusty bread.
Recipe Yield: approx. 6 cups
Per serving: 380 cal., 16 g pro., 31 g carb., 1 g fiber, 21 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 25 mg chol., 380 mg sod., 4 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >