- 2 lbs. Black Barley
- 2 gal. water, divided
- 2 lbs. InHarvest Black Barley
- ½ c. juice from a blood orange
- 4 t. red wine vinegar
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 2 t. minced shallot
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 1 c. olive oil
- 2 qts. peeled, cooked beets, ¼” sliced
- 2 gal. winter salad greens (endive, chicory, radicchio, Treviso)
- 12 oz. goat cheese
- Cook the InHarvest Black Barley according to package instructions. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, Dijon, shallot, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk until the dressing is emulsified.
- Add the greens to the black barley and dressing; toss to coat.
- To serve, lay out the sliced beets on a shallow platter or platters. Top the beets with the dressed salad. Dot the salad or salads with goat cheese.
Recipe Yield: 24 (1 c.) servings
Per serving: 300 cal., 10 g pro., 36 g carb., 8 g fiber, 14 g fat (3.5 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 290 mg sod., 5 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >