- 2 lbs Black Barley
- 5 quarts water
- 3 gallons mixed berries
- 1/4 cup 5-spice powder
- 1 gallon plus 3 quarts whole milk
- 1/2 cup ginger, grated
- 3 cups honey
Recipe of the MonthSprouted Sienna Red Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess Dressing Get recipes in your inbox >
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add InHarvest Black Barley, reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 45 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid and cool completely before proceeding.
- Note: Recipe is intended to be blended in a standard 64 oz blender with a strong motor. Shakes will need to be blended in batches of 4. If your blender is a different size, the amount in each batch will have to be adjusted.
- For a batch of 4, place the following into the bowl of the blender:
– 1 cup cooked InHarvest Black Barley
– 4 cups berries
– 1 teaspoon 5-spice powder
– 3 cups milk
– 2 teaspoons ginger
– 4 tablespoons honey
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour 12 fluid oz shakes into clear cups or glasses. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Per serving: 333 cal., 10 g pro., 62 g carb., 7 g fiber, 7 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 18 mg chol., 89 mg sod., 42 g sugar