- 2 lbs. Aztec Blend™
- 2½ qts. chicken stock, low sodium (for cooking Aztec Blend™)
- 4 T. cumin
- 24 oz. chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- 3 c. corn kernels, roasted
- 4 c. tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 qts. chicken stock, low sodium (for the soup)
- 1½ c. jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 3 c. avocado, ½” diced
- 1½ c. cilantro, chopped
- 12 oz. corn tortilla strips, fried
- 24 limes, cut into 6 slices lengthwise
- Bring 2½ qts. chicken stock to a boil. Add InHarvest Aztec Blend and cumin. Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 35 minutes or until legumes and grains are tender. Cool until ready to serve.
- To serve, in a small pot, place ½ c. cooked Aztec Blend, 1 oz. chicken, 2 T. corn, 1 T. tomato and 1 c. chicken stock. Heat through. Transfer to a bowl.
- Top the bowl with 1 T. jalapeno, 1 T. avocado, 1 T. cilantro, ½ oz. tortilla strip. Serve with lime wedge.
Recipe Yield: 24 bowls
Per serving: 400 cal., 23 g pro., 50 g carb., 6 g fiber, 12 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 24 mg chol., 132 mg. sod., 2 g sugar
Get Recipes and More
Red Jasmine & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet trends, recipes and more in your inbox >