- 2 lbs. Bamboo Rice
- 1/4 c. sesame oil
- 2 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 qts. low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 pt. mayonnaise
- 3/4 c. Sriracha
- 1/4 c. sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 sheet nori
- 3 pt. cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 c. avocado, medium dice
- 3 c. radish, sliced
- 3 c. scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. tobiko
- 1 T. shichimi tōgarashi (Japanese Seven Spice)
- In a mixing bowl, gently fold together the cubed tuna, sesame oil and soy sauce. Remove the bowl to the walk-in or cooler and let the tuna marinate for 1 hour.
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a boil. Stir in InHarvest Bamboo Rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Sriracha, chili sauce and water. Set aside.
- Lightly toast the nori over a flame or electric burner. Cut into very thin ½”-long strips.
- Per order: In the bottom of a soup or other single-serving bowl, place 1 c. warm rice. Top with 3 oz. marinated tuna. Garnish with scant ¼ c. each of the cucumber, avocado, radish and scallion. Drizzle 3 T. mayo/Sriracha sauce over the vegetables. Crown the bowl with ¾ T. tobiko. Sprinkle 1 t. nori strips and scant ¼ t. shichimi tōgarashi over the dish and serve.
Recipe Yield: 16 servings
Per serving: 593 cal., 30 g pro., 68 g carb., 6 g fiber, 23 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 116 mg chol., 747 mg sod., 7 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >