- 2 lbs. Golden Jewel Blend®
- 1½ qts. water
- 2 T. kosher salt
- 2 t. tumeric
- 4 T. butter
- 1 c. red bell pepper, 1/4" dice
- 1 c. lemon juice
- 1 T. lemon zest
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c. flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 24 halibut filets, 4 oz.
- 4 c. flour
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 t. black pepper
- 8 c. almonds, finely chopped
- 2 c. vegetable oil
Lemon-Garlic Golden Jewel Blend
- In a medium pot bring water, 1 T. salt, and turmeric to a boil.
- Add the Golden Jewel Blend, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Hold hot.
- In a sauté pan, heat butter over medium heat and add the garlic and red bell peppers. Cook until the garlic is soft but not browned, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the lemon juice, zest, and parsley.
- Cook on low for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fold the cooked Golden Jewel Blend into the lemon garlic sauce and mix together until combined. Keep warm and set aside.
Almond Crusted Halibut
- Add 1 T. salt and the pepper to the flour.
- Place the flour, eggs, and almonds into three separate bowls and dredge the filets through the flour first, then the eggs, and finally the almonds.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan until hot but not smoking and pan fry each filet for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove halibut and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
To serve: Scoop ½ c. of InHarvest Golden Jewel Blend onto a plate and place a halibut filet on top. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: 24 (4 oz.) servings
Per serving: 770 cal., 31 g pro., 41 g carb., 6 g fiber, 54 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 115 mg chol., 600 mg sod., 4 g sugar
Recipe of the Month
Sprouted Sienna Red™ Rice & Baby Greens Breakfast Salad with Green Goddess DressingGet recipes in your inbox >